Saturday 1 September 2007

Jessie, you can always sell any dream to Taffy

On Saturday Taffy found a new girlfriend.

Taffy has just had his first birthday but he is clearly developing an eye for the ladies.

Jessie is a very pretty seven month old boxer/lurcher cross.

Diesel has met her before but Anthony could only remember her owner.

Usually he remembers the dogs not the owners.

Jessie was a little too friendly for Diesel's liking.

Lilly and Sally soon turned up and Lilly taught everyone who was boss.

Park royalty Sue and Erin decided they did not wish to mix with the mob.

The woods are a bit more interesting than the park.

Diesel made sure everyone knew where the rabbits were.

Lilly had trouble getting out of the lake.

She is not as young as she thinks she is.

Lilly is a water spaniel/collie cross.

Diesel weighs 70 lbs (32 kg).

That is a lot for a vizsla.

But Diesel is a lot bigger than most vizslak.

Today Diesel adopted a new way of stalking squirrels.

First he curled his lip (I wonder where he got that idea from?) and pointed.

Then he put his head up high.

Finally he sneaked up on the squirrel.

He never caught it though.

Does Diesel look too fat?

Maybe he is too thin?

Vote in the poll on the right.

Diesel met Bonney again today,he likes her a lot.

She is a lot like him,she likes dogs to respect her space.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that diesel is one of the most social dogs I know. I think that he is very handsom and neither too thin or too fat. Just right I would say. The way to know is if you look at him from above can you see a waist? And if you stroke gently over his ribs you should be able to feel them but not see them. Vizslak are always slightly too thin and with me mum can sometimes sees the ribs but at other times doesn't.

Diesel said...

Hello Ziggi,
Anthony says he can see my ribs when I am running and I have a well defined waist.
Though you can't really see it in the photographs.
Especially after nearly two weeks without any playing after I was bitten!
My weight is due to my size rather than fat.
I am a very big vizsla,taller than the breed standard.
Dylan is thirteen months older than me but I am two inches taller than him.
You can see how big I am in some of the pictures of me with Rosie and Dylan.
They are both grown up but I am still a puppy too.

Diesel.

Anonymous said...

sounds like you are just perfect then (as i voted anyways :))